2007年9月29日 星期六

CNN 1

SUMMARY:

According to Natalie Ledesma, a registered dietician at U.C.S.F super food is more than just delectable. Foods like tomatoes and onions with powerful chemicals may offer our bodies mighty protection against chronic diseases. These powerful chemicals are known as photochemical, which compounded in super food can not only cut down the risk of cancers and increase our immune systems but also protect our hearts. As a result, she suggested that everyone should try to eat per week for optimal health.

Reflection:

People start to emphasize the importance of health after so many modern diseases has appeared. With the fast step of globalization, it seems like that most of us are immersed in American’s fast food culture. It’s not hard to find a chain fast food restaurant with a big yellow M and its well-known slogan “I’m lovin’ it” on the streets. Every child looks up to the “uncle” dressed in yellow as his follower. Everything has gradually changed until LOHAS was announced.
Nowadays, we pursue food to be both healthy and delicious. Besides, when it comes to meat and vegetable, experts will probably recommend us to take vegetable the first priority. One of the reasons is that CNN report has just mentioned, vegetable contains a great deal of photochemical which may do us good. What’s more, “meat” needs more resource to grow than vegetable. It requires more water, more land, more fodder, and will doubtless produce more waste.
I am a lover of vegetable myself. I’m not a vegetarian but I seldom eat meat. I guess that’s because my mom shed light on the importance of dark green vegetable and seaweed by making them take part in our each dine (expect for breakfast) and dance together in our stomachs. I know some people are really afraid of swallowing rosemary, green pepper, alfalfa and so on but that’s not a big deal for me. For I have eaten them for more than ten years. What’s more, for the sake of health, I eat an apple in the morning. As the proverb goes, “An apple a day keeps doctor away.” Apples are good for our digestive system and will help our intestines digest.
I think our government should promote to grow super food for the sake of our health and our mother earth. Vegetable is indeed a fabulous gift that God gives to humankind. What is the reason of refusing vegetable? Let’s embrace vegetable with a big smile! Say cheese.
http://literacynet.org/cnnsf/superfoods/home.html

沒有留言: